Thursday, May 21, 2015

Geo 1095: May 21, Day 871: Lower Proxy Falls

This is actually a single photo, which I don't think is as good as the very similar-looking panorama I posted shortly after our visit last October. Comparing the two, I think the higher top of this one includes brighter light, and it looks as if that has caused the entire photo to have poorer saturation than the panorama. However, for the sake of completeness during this segment, I'm including another shot of Lower Proxy Falls, which, on our trip with Anne the previous summer, we skipped. It probably wasn't really necessary to skip it; this waterfall is no more than a hundred yards from the junction, so to this viewpoint, it's an easy walk. Dana and B. walked down to near the base, but as is often the case with me in recent years, I didn't want to earn "back uphill" points. I just sat here until they came back up the hill, dazed by the beauty of this spot.

Photo unmodified. October 9, 2014. FlashEarth location.

No comments: