Monday, April 8, 2013

Geo 365: April 8, Day 98: Mini Churn

At Cape Perpetua, the coastal morphology is dominated by the erosion-resistant Yachats (pronounced "yah-hots") Basalt, leading to precipitous cliffs. A series of faults striking roughly perpendicular to the coastline has created fissures or crevasses back into these cliffs. It turns out I've only posted one photo from this area so far in this series, and that was from Devils Churn, on January 3. Above you can see an analgous, but much, much smaller version of the same basic landform.

Photo unmodified. September 21, 2010. FlashEarth Location. (It may be one of the other fissures in this general area.)

I dumped a full cup of coffee on my table, the floor, and my pants leg yesterday, and apparently the power supply cord for my new laptop was also a victim. I'm back on my old laptop, and even this short post, which would normally have taken me five to ten minutes, has already eaten up better than half an hour. It's extremely frustrating and irritating. With internet interactions, there is almost as much time spent in lock-up as functioning. A number of common letters, such as s, e,d, r, and l, are spotty about actually printing, so I'm constantly backing up to put them back in. I'm not even going to attempt to assemble the Sunday Funnies on this machine. I'll keep plugging on this series, but I expect it will tend toward shorter posts. Apologies in advance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the coffee wasn't too hot and you didn't burn yourself.
I did missed the Sunday funnies.
I do enjoy your series and anything you get posted is appreciated. Take care my friend and I hope you get that other computer up and running soon.
Ann