Thursday, June 3, 2010

Backyard Blitz

Jen Sorensen at Slowpoke Blog hits the perfect note on a pet peeve of mine...
I hate leaf blowers. I think I might hate them even more than Hummers. At least Hummers don't shriek with the wail of a thousand banshees. It always strikes me as deeply oxymoronic that people are fastidious about making their lawns look perfect, yet they give not one damn about the noise pollution that turns neighborhoods into deafening hells on earth.
See the blog post here, and the other three-quarters of the comic here. As she points out in the post, the title is prompted by this Golden Moldy, Ballroom Blitz. I have never seen this clip before, but I commented a week or two ago on someone's Faceboook post that this album, Desolation Boulevard, by Sweet, was the first record I bought with my own money. Fond memories.

No comments: