Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mack the Knife

According to this site, Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife" was the #1 hit when I was born. It's not a song I'm terribly fond of... I don't hate it or anything, I'm just not a big fan of the big band sound, I've heard it too many times- in particular, butchered in karaoke versions too many times- and it just seems trite to me. But it is what it is, so here it is.

The site was running slow when I visited, but with a little patience, it came up.

Shall we call this a meme? I don't do tagging, but if this sort of thing amuses you, see if you can find a YouTube of the #1 song when you were born. Leave a link in the comments, and I'll come over and watch it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Hey There" by George Clooney's mother:

http://mp3.rhapsody.com/rosemary-clooney/16-most-requested-songs/hey-there

(signed) irregular reader, first-time commenter