Friday, December 11, 2009

Stay Inside

I just got home, where I have a weak signal. It was a rather terrifying two and a half block walk. I didn't fall, but there were a couple of close ones. The ice isn't continuous, but it seems to have taken hold on about a third of the pavement and sidewalks. As a pedestrian that meant each step was an unknown: would my foot slip or not? The rain is still coming down, temperature is falling slowly.

If you're (narrowly averted crash there- a car skidded on the street outside for about 3-4 seconds) in the Corvallis area, stay inside tonight, go to bed early, and go wherever early tomorrow morning. NWS is still forecasting above freezing temps before sunrise.

It's bad. Real bad.

1 comment:

Fran said...

It took me 1.5 hours to get home on a normal 20 minute commute.

I took the back roads, trying to avoid the Beltline freeway.... but so did hundreds of other people.
Ugh!

It's 31 degrees now & looking shiny outside....

Shiny & sparkly= slick ice.

For all you crazy drivers out there.....

Ice is Ice. Slow down!