Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meme of the Months

There hasn't been a meme circulating in the geoblogosphere for some time... this looks easy, and based on the first sentence I wrote on this blog at the beginning of the current month, it looks like it could be fun, too. Via Short Geologist at Accidental Remediation, "Post the link and first sentence from the first post of each month this year." Here's my list; I've also added the titles of the posts. As others have pointed out, there's something about us geotypes that makes us prone to playing with meme rules.

January: And I feel fine? (The End of the World)

February: I'm not a huge fan of Thomas Friedman- his enduring support for the illegal war in Iraq has irritated me from its beginning. (Rekjavik)

March: I was glad I wasn't sipping my coffee at the moment I saw this... (Sunday Funnies)

April: Science people are often hard-pressed to explain or give examples of how "basic" or "theoretical" science is justified, when there are so many "application" or "practical" science problems waiting to be solved. (The Heart of the Planet and Heart Disease)

May: OK, I've wasted too much time on this post, so I'll try to make it short and sweet... with photos. (Skulls On Mars! OMG!)

June: This is my guess for Silver Fox's current edition of her occasional game, Where In The West. (My Guess)

July: When the International Space Station (ISS) caught the Sarychev eruption a couple of weeks ago, there were a couple of the images that went mainstream very quickly. (Sarychev Timelapse)

August: But a pretty darned big one, nevertheless. (Not the Biggest Bang)

September: elements are not particularly rare, they're just not particularly concentrated. (Rare Earth)

October: Stole Ohman's title, too. (IMHO)

November: Mr. E.T. Skull Swap (Sunday Funnies)

December: I suppose, at the time, this was a no brainer. (50 Years Ago Today)

I think that as a representational cross section of my blog, geology is probably over-represented, and politics is under-represented. But I'm OK with that.

2 comments:

Short Geologist said...

Nice! Now we just need to wait for the rest of the geoblogosphere...

Silver Fox said...

Did it! Don't know about the rest of them...