Thursday, December 31, 2009

1500

I didn't really set out to put up my 1500th post on the last day of the year, but I realized a few weeks ago that given my rate of posting, that's about when it would fall. Tuesday, I didn't really find anything that engaged me- or at least that I could talk sensibly about. So it looked like 1500 would fall on the 2nd (Interzone is closed tomorrow, and I can't count on a good signal from home). Then yesterday I found all sorts of things to rant about and discuss, so here we are.
This past year has seen an enormous increase in visits; my non-rigorous skimming of the sitemeter stats suggests most of those are coming from Google's image search. But I have quite a number of followers, and I know quite a few others subscribe in RSS. I don't know how to get a tally of the latter, but the point is, there are a number of people who read my blog, but don't necessarily get counted.

It's sort of mind boggling to me that 4000 to 5000 people a month, maybe more, stop by this place to pay attention to me laughing and griping in roughly equal proportion.

I'm flattered and proud. Thanks folks, for making a cynical, morose old curmudgeon feel like he's a part of peoples' lives.

1 comment:

Silver Fox said...

Congrats on your 1500th post! And those are nice looking stats - mine have gone up this year, but not like that.

I missed my 500th a month or two back - I suppose I now have to wait for 1000 to celebrate. Or maybe I can just pick an arbitrary prime number or something.