Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And This is Precisely What They Want

I think Rawley was the person who told me about Not Always Right, a blog dedicated to customers who aren't. I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but I've been reading it for a month and a half or so. This post gave me both a chuckle and a grimace; I enjoy conflicting reactions.
A Runaway Train Of Thought
CALL CENTER | EUGENE, OR, USA
(A caller phones into our car rental company looking for a vehicle, but we’re sold out in every nearby location.)

Caller: “Why aren’t there any cars for me? Everyone I ask tells me they’re out of cars!”

Me: “We’ve been having a hard time keeping a hold on any cars with this tourist season.”

Caller: “Terrorism?”

Me: “No, ma’am, the tourist season. It’s been a really big push into your area lately, so Florida’s swamped.”

Caller: “Everyone’s been blaming the terrorists today. Why are we all letting the terrorists win?” *begins sobbing*

Me: “Ma’am, it’s tourists, not terrorists.”

Caller: “I’m an American! In America! Why are we letting them ruin my life? We can’t let these terrorists win!” *continues sobbing for a moment and then hangs up*

No comments: