Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pills for Eye Candy

Just reading a kind of frustrating, sad article in WaPo and saw this animated ad- animated in the sense that it kept switching back and forth between the two images below. I hate ads...
...but I don't mind a little eye candy now and then. It is a little silly to take photos from 10 or 15 years ago and ask how such beautiful people could possibly stay looking so young, as they approach the doddering age of forty. (I once remarked to a young friend that one benefit of getting older is that it widens the window of ages at which the sex you're attracted to looks appealing.)

I also think it's just a little silly that they hired the positively ancient Babawa Wawas as their spokesperson. Why not one of the above? Why isn't Babawa taking the "'Miracle Pill' known as Resveratrol?" (glad I double-checked; I had read that as Reversatrol) Don't they work? Or just not on her? Sorry guys, you leave me a little dubious about your snake oil. And I wouldn't really enjoy looking like CZJ anyways... I'd rather drool at a distance.
(The Climate Change label is in reference to the article linked at the beginning, to which I hope to get back and comment further eventually)

No comments: