Friday, July 31, 2009

Justice.

As in "there is no." I have twice posted on the Oregon City Crazies who allowed their daughter to die without seeking medical care (here and here). They don't believe in medicine, they believe in prayer, and the whole congregation had been praying over at their house.

I imagine they were pretty startled and confused when their daughter died. But their faith is unshaken.

I didn't bother commenting when the couple was found innocent of manslaughter. I was too angry about the result. The father was found guilty of one charge of second-degree criminal mistreatment. I write today to tell you he recieved 60 days in prison, and five years probabation. "If you kill another kid in the next five years, you are really going to get into trouble."

And their surviving child is required to get yearly check ups.

As is the baby they're expecting.

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

That is beyond crazy. Well come to think of it, so is all religion.