Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm Shocked! Just Shocked!

To hear:
Records show ExxonMobil gave hundreds of thousands of pounds to lobby groups that have published 'misleading and inaccurate information' about climate change. The world's largest oil company is continuing to fund lobby groups that question the reality of global warming, despite a public pledge to cut support for such climate change denial, a new analysis shows.
From The Guardian (and take a look at some of the linked information). I am just so thankful to live in a society where we recognize that the right of a corporation to rake in profits (so large most people cannot comprehend numbers of that magnitude) far outweighs the right of people and the planet to survive with some modicum of sanity. Here's another juicy bit:
The Heritage Foundation published a "web memo" in December that said: "Growing scientific evidence casts doubt on whether global warming constitutes a threat, including the fact that 2008 is about to go into the books as a cooler year than 2007."
Yay! I lost my job, I lost my insurance, and I lost my house, but I found a buck on teh street today! The trend is looking good!

No comments: