Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Because No One Should Be

But in reality, they often are.
The question we have to ask ourselves is, are we going to accept that? As I've noted on numerous occasions (here's one example; you can find others by using the blog search bar at the top with the term "torture"), I'm convinced that actions taken under the previous administration constitute violations of international law- violations of laws they were constitutionally required to enforce. I have watched with growing dismay as the Obama administration, in both word and deed, indicated that they were determined to look forward and ignore the past. There has been increasing pressure from the serfs and peasants of this country to demand an investigation, but given the actual power of serfs and peasants, I have been unsurprised that Obama and crew have kept the forward blinders firmly in place.

However, I have been reading that "Attorney General Eric Holder is now seriously considering appointing a special prosecutor to investigate acts of torture carried out during the Bush Administration according to confirmed reports published over the weekend."

This morning I received an email from IndictBushNow.org with an E-card to send to my mailing list; the above quote is from that letter.

I don't open E-cards, and I see no point in sending them.

But here's a link to the card (picture above), and a petition to ramp up pressure on Holder to appoint a special prosecutor. Can this nation survive with a public record of torture on its conscience, unrepented? Unchallenged? Unquestioned? I don't think so.

No comments: