Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Monster Movie

Pharyngula says he's going to watch this, but then he's a cephalopod person. And he says a lot of things. I watched this trailer with amusement and no small amount of eye-rolling. I find it hard to believe that people would pay to make this movie in the mistaken belief that other people would pay to see this movie. It worked in the 1950's because it was novel. I just don't believe it'll work now... I don't care how much F/X technology has improved.

Followup 5/14: Driftglass, in a post entirely unrelated to this one, reminded me of the following classic, Night of the Lepus.

1 comment:

MathEpiNet said...

OMFG Night of the Lepus, I thought my sister and I were the only two people in the world who saw that movie. I was 10 and it was on wicked late TV one night. I love you Lockwood.