Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Funnies

Pull youself up, grab a cup of coffee and prepare to laugh...
...you catapultist pig. (From Night Deposits, a recent find)
Forget all your woes. (From Criggo)
Yesterday, Connor (who has moved back to Portland, and only occasionally visits the coffee shop now) recommended The Perry Bible Fellowship. It's apparently inactive now, but very funny, and there are lots of archived comics. Dark, grim humor... the artist has a great takeoff on Edward Gorey (here's one example), and mimics his style beautifully, but the style of humor overall is reminiscent of Gorey. It's copyrighted, so I may be violating all sorts of homeland security laws, but I really liked this one:
Click here for full size.

Another find this week was "This is Why You're Fat (Where Dreams Become Heart Attacks)." Insanely decadent food...
"Bacon Wrapped Twinkie Stonehenge-" I don't think I could eat this, and I don't want to know what the foundation is. And below is the "Elvis Donut: Peanut butter glazed donut topped with bananas and bacon." I would try this, and I might even like it. I just noticed, as I was chasing links around, that they further describe the subject matter as "deliciously gross food." Perfect.I posted this picture back in (I think, but don't feel like tracking down the post) October, but I like the caption...
political pictures for your blog
see more Political Pictures

Gotta get a Lolcat or two in the mix...
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
This one may be obscure to younger readers... it refers to a classic Twilight Zone episode where a very young William Shatner is apparently hallucinating a goblin on the wing of the airplane he's traveling on. This episode was recreated for the Twilight Zone Movie. And while we're on the topic of "spooky," this clip can be taken as amusing or creepy, depending on your preferences...

Followup: I realized that there's no description... that's a racoon reaching through a knothole and taking catfood that has been laid down, presumably to attract racoons.
The resemblance is uncanny...
funny-dog-pictures-solo-wookie
see more dog and puppy pictures

So that wraps it up for this edition. Hope your work week goes well...
From My [confined] Space, in this post.

1 comment:

Dean Wormer said...

That poor mouse!

I like that boredom poster in an Addam's Family sort of way.