Saturday, January 31, 2009

Redoubt

Mount Redoubt is rumbling, and the country is paying attention. My primary point in this post is selfish; I want to have the webcam link in an easy-to-find place. My "favorites" list has become unwieldly, and nearly impossible to use. This image seems to show either a cloud or a steam plume over the sumit. With the sun angle as it is, I can't really tell which. There has been a lot of cloudy winter weather from this webcam lately, but many people, including me, have been checking on it regularly.

I also wanted to pass along a couple of links to non-geoblogosphere addicts out there who might be interested in some volcanic analysis that has not had the life and sense sucked out it by passing through the so-called mind of a journalist. If ongoing and imminent volcanic eruptions interest you, check out The Volcanism Blog and Eruptions. I thought there was at least one other blog that focussed on active volcanoes; I'll update if I find it.

No comments: