Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Digital Transition

For the last year and a half (maybe more), the cable company has been saturation advertising on the digital transition: "Are you ready?" Then they proceded to tell me that if I had cable, I didn't need to do anything. My cable is paid as part of my rent, and my television is just over a year old, so it's digital-ready. Doing nothing is okey-dokey by me.

Then yesterday, less than a month from the transition, I get a letter from Comcast. "If you don't get a converter box NOW, you will lose half the channels you are now receiving." The three channels I spend any time watching at all are CNN, The Weather Channel and Comedy Central. All three are in the upper tier that I am now, apparently, in immanent peril of losing.

I don't have a car. I don't have a phone. Their office is about seven miles north of town, at a stoplight called Lewisburg. I can't afford to pay for much of anything. Guess there's only one thing to do.

Targetting...

Fire in the Hole!

I knew that simulator would come in handy. Sorry about the collateral damage, Lewisburg, but you really need to choose your neighbors more carefully. Allowing Comcast to move in was just a bad decision. Covert that to digital, Comcast.

2 comments:

Dean Wormer said...

Ha!

Removal of Comcast would make you a hero.

BTW: we don't have cable and have too many trees for satellite as I live in the stix. Those HD channels don't come in very well in any sort of weather (rain.)

Christopher Farrell said...

Don't have a phone? Download Skype and use it. Greatest program ever.