Friday, January 9, 2009

And? And? And?

From BBC:
"Chuckie" Taylor, the son of former Liberian President Charles Taylor has been
sentenced by a US court to 97 years in prison for committing torture.
OK, so now I'm waiting on news regarding "Georgie," the son of former US president...

Yeah, right. I know, I know... but I'm entitled to my dreams. And the irony is painful:
A Liberian minister told the BBC the verdict sent a message that nobody -
regardless of how powerful they were - could get away with unspeakable
crimes.

1 comment:

Darius Whiteplume said...

I guess the true difference between third world and first world is just industry/technology...

Not to dis Africa, but since when do west African countries have a better human rights record than us? Oh year, since January 20, 2001.

Normally I'd add a smiley after that, but just can't do it when Dumb-ya is involved!