Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sum the Costs...

...of the following (in inflation-adjusted dollars):

  • Louisiana Purchase
  • The New Deal
  • Marshall Plan
  • Korean War
  • Vietnam War
  • Moon Shot
  • S&L Crisis
  • Iraq War
  • All-time NASA Budget
...and compare it to the (current estimate of the) cost of the 2008 Bailout.(Full Size Here, Original Source) Wouldn't the cost of the Moon Shot (by which I'm assuming we mean the Saturn Program) be a part of NASA's all-time budget? Of course, I'm nit-picking, but what the heck, nits are in season and they're tasty. Aside from the obvious- the jaw dropping amount of money we're talking about here- I was also surprised to see how close the Iraq costs were to the Vietnam cost.

And, Washington, if you happen to read this, even though I've lost a lot of weight this past couple of years, you should know that I'm too big to fail too.

No comments: