Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh. Really?

There's a quiz on "Civic Literacy" that's all the rage out there on the innertubez; I've seen it noted in maybe seven or eight blogs. I expected I would probably do better than average (around 50%), maybe in the 75% range if I was lucky. I got every question right! Now there were several where I could only eliminate one or two answers, then guess between the remaining choices, and a couple more where I was able to eliminate all but the correct answer. But still, this was pretty much a surprise to me. I've always felt like a competent learner, though I've never cared much about "grades." But when test time comes around, I consistently seem to know more than I think I do.

Another interesting point that's made in the discussion of the test and its results: test-takers who claimed to have held elected positions scored consistently and substantially lower than those who haven't held such positions. So how many times did shrub take the test before he finally finished?

No comments: