Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Walking on Water

Hmmm... two religion-related posts in a day. Chalk it up to chance.

Many years ago, I'm figuring fall of 1980, before I realized how much I loved me some geology and how boring the bio sequence was, I was in the intro biology lab. I noticed a snail crawing across the water's surface in an aquarium, hanging upside down. I asked the TA how a snail could do that, and her response was basically, "Well how am I supposed to know?"

Well, obviously, Grad students and Professors are supposed to know everything about their subject, right? But even though she was pretty cute, one of those TA's that made me wish I was a few years older, I was struck by the complete lack of interest, of curiosity. I have not thought much about the incident since- I switched over to a much more interesting and beautiful subject area that has the benefit of not smelling funky (Yeah, Yellowstone and all, but mostly).

So imagine my surprise when I came across this...

1 comment:

Dean Wormer said...

How they propel themselves across the water is interesting, but not as interesting as what they taste like when covered in butter, cheese and garlic.

Mmmmmm.