Saturday, October 18, 2008

Shared Items

I skim over about 800 items in my RSS feed each day. Some I read carefully, some, like comics, LOL cats, and the like, a quick glance is all it takes. And some, I just read the headline and the first few lines of text. Out of all this stuff, there are a few central themes that have made the strongest impression, things that have most fully occupied my mind- and these themes form the core of my blog posts. Lately, I'm sure you've noticed, these topics focus most heavily on presidential politics. If you follow the news and the blogosphere, much of what I post is redundant; if you don't, I hope you've been enjoying my distillations.

But for each item I blog on and post, there are about 15 to 20 that I've read and enjoyed for one reason or another. Since early August, I have been "starring" and "sharing" many of these items. Each shared item is compiled onto a page called, logically, "Lockwood's shared items." I have now put a link to that page at the top right of this blog page. So if you feel like burning some time with amusements and amazements that I have enjoyed, click on over there. Each item can be seen in it's natural environment by clicking on the title- the way it's displayed on the shared items page is often very different from the way it was displayed on its original home. Additionally, each of these items is coming from a blog or web page that I like well enough to follow in RSS- meaning at the very least that I glance over every item published there.

Have fun!

No comments: