Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh No! The Cold, Hard Vacuum of Space! No, Mr. Bill!

I was really planning hard to skip the debate tonight. Really hard. I had, like, 10,000 things I wanted to do more. #2781 was "Pound nails into my temples." #2782 was "Drive dull pencils into my eyes." I don't want to put up the whole list; after about #5500, it starts getting a little gruesome.

But shoot, everyone seems to be talking about it. It's, like, the big "do" of the season. Be there or be square. I think it's more the Circus Maximus mentality than expectations for content. So what the hey, if I saw Billy jump off the roof, I would too. If Billy's going to eject himself from the pod, sans spacesuit, I will too.

But I won't like it.

The title, BTW, is an allusion to the closing comment of this post. See, if there's nothing there, it's a vacuum. Get it? Huh?

No comments: